How can I reunite with my partner?
Here are successful stories from couples separated by travel bans
These stories are individual experiences, not official guidelines
Joyce and My love
United States of America (California) to Switzerland
Third Country ?
August 19, 2020
Finally reunited in Zurich after 7 months! The only thing I was asked for both at EWR and when landing at ZRH was the Laissez Passer. I got it the same day I submitted my documents to prove our relationship via email. I traveled on Swiss and the plane was pretty empty. Now onto quarantine for 10 days with my love and I couldn't be happier!
Here's what I sent to the Swiss Consulate in California to obtain the Laissez Passer:
1. letter of invitation (my boyfriend wrote it in English & German and he added: our full names, birth dates, passport numbers, his address where I would be staying and stating that I will stay with him up to the 90 days allowed)
2. copies of our passports and entry stamps
3. proof of travel together and to each other (train, flight and lodging itineraries)
4. proof of our relationship (I submitted several pictures of us along with screenshots of our video calls)
5. proof of constant communication (screenshots of my call logs proving we've video called every day since we last met)